What to Expect
When you bring your cat in for a front-claw declaw, our services include:
- a pre-anesthetic exam
- Complete Blood Count
- gas anesthesia
- pain management before and after surgery
- electronic patient monitoring
- Radio-surgical declaw of front paws
- Class IV Therapeutic Laser treatment
- 2 nights of hospitalization
When the Patient Goes Home
When the patient goes home, we recommend keeping your cat away from carpeting for five days and replacing the litter with the special pelleted litter we send home with you. Sutures in the paws resorb naturally.
Please call or email to make an appointment. We ask that the patient be kept off food after 7 o’clock the night before, water is OK, and be dropped off the day of the procedure between 7:45 a.m. and 9 a.m.
You may fill out a new client form on our website (click here).